- Published on Sunday, 09 October 2016 14:05
The Governor has lifted the evacuation order and members of The Citadel community are slowly making their way back to Charleston today and tomorrow. Members of the Corps are required to report no later than 10:30 p.m. tomorrow (Monday) night and normal classes and operations will resume Tuesday for cadets, students, faculty and staff.
Though most major roads are open, there is still flooding on ancillary roadways, in addition to other hazards. Please use caution at all times. Do not drive through standing water, and alert your TAC officers or supervisors if for some reason you cannot abide by the return instructions above.
- Published on Saturday, 08 October 2016 19:03
The storm has passed and we are thankful that damage to The Citadel is minimal. We hope everyone in The Citadel fared well and is safe and sound.
Pending the lifting of the Governor’s evacuation orders, and to ensure a safe return with full accessibility to roadways and utilities in the Charleston area cadets, students, faculty and staff should expect to resume normal operations.
- Members of the Corps should report for formation by . Safety is the top priority and if there are circumstances that interfere with the ability to make the return, cadets should notify their TAC officers immediately.
- All barracks will open at for returning cadets.
- Cadets currently in Charleston County that are willing to assist with campus cleanup should meet the Facilities and Engineering staff in front of Padgett-Thomas Barracks at . Cadets that are conduct deficient can earn three-for-one credits for restrictions.
- Mess Hall hours will be: , and .
- Classes resume as normal .
FOR EVENING UNDERGRADUATE AND CITADEL GRADUATE COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Evening Undergraduate students and Citadel Graduate College students should plan to resume classes according to normal schedules , or contact their professors if they cannot.
FOR FACULTY AND STAFF
- Faculty and staff should anticipate resuming normal schedules . If you cannot, please contact your supervisor as soon as possible to make arrangements.
FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES
- We still plan to move forward with Parents’ Weekend activities this coming weekend, as communicated earlier. The revised schedule can be found on Citadel.edu here.
Again, safety is of paramount importance so please use caution and be sure to communicate your circumstances to the appropriate persons if you cannot comply with the instructions above. Please check back as further updates will be made when required.
- Published on Tuesday, 04 October 2016 17:55
The Citadel will close at 5:30 this evening, Tuesday, Oct. 4 in accordance with the mandatory evacuation of the South Carolina coast issued by Gov. Nikki Haley due to Hurricane Matthew.
- Evening classes are canceled.
- Parents' Weekend is canceled along with all classes and activities until the evacuation is lifted. (Parents' Weekend to be held next weekend, details pending.)
- Cadets will be released for departure as soon as possible tonight. Protocols are in progress to ensure that all cadets have transportation home or to safe locations. Parents should communicate directly with their cadets for specific details.
- Faculty and staff should prepare their homes and plan their evacuations. Only emergency operations staff will report to campus on Wednesday, Oct. 5.
- Published on Tuesday, 04 October 2016 13:27
The Citadel continues to monitor Hurricane Matthew for potential impact of Parents' Weekend and campus operations. A decision will be announced by 1 p.m. tomorrow, Weds, Oct. 5. Should campus closure be required, a Bulldog Alert will be sent. Protocols are in progress which ensure that all cadets have transportation should the Corps be released.
Charleston is now in the National Hurricane Center's projected impact zone and early suggestions are that visitors should avoid the eastern U.S. coastal regions, including S.C.
- Published on Monday, 03 October 2016 13:54
The Citadel continues to monitor Hurricane Matthew for potential impact on Parents’ Weekend and campus operations. A decision will be announced by 1p.m. tomorrow (Wed. Oct. 5). Should campus closure be required, a Bulldog Alert will be sent. Protocols are in progress which ensure that all cadets have transportation should the Corps be released.
Charleston is now in the National Hurricane Center’s projected impact zone and early suggestions are that visitors should avoid the eastern U.S. coastal regions, including S.C.